Wednesday 14 February 2018

GOVERNMENT OF IMO STATE PRESS RELEASE

UCHE NWOSU DIDN’T COME TO ME AS A POSSIBLE INLAW – GOVERNOR ROCHAS OKOROCHA


Governor Rochas Okorocha has said that the Chief of Staff Government House, Chief Uche Nwosu didn’t come to him as a Potential inlaw but came to him like most of such young men who had come to him to help them succeed in life, adding that right from the time the young man came to him, he didn’t know he would one day marry the daughter.

The governor who spoke on Tuesday, February 13, 2018 when the APC executives, leaders and traditional rulers from Oguta LGA visited him at the Government House to enlist their support for Uche Nwosu for the 2019 governorship contest in the State, stressing that his allowing a young man who served him to marry the daughter was to show that the son of a poor man could marry the daughter of a big man.

The governor remarked “I don’t sell my daughters. That was why I didn’t consider how wealthy or poor he was before I allowed him to marry my daughter even at the level God has placed me. I saw the hand of God in the whole thing. He has a future for himself. He has sincerity of purpose. He means well”.

He continued “Uche Nwosu possesses all the qualities to be a good governor. He can exercise regard for the poor. He can make sacrifice. My happiness at the end of this administration is to see a worthy successor. Someone who will not destroy free education and work for the State as if his life depends on that. I won’t impose anybody, but I am entitled to support anybody that I see can do the job”.
He further stated “people have been coming to say that they want Uche Nwosu in 2019. I am very democratic in my ways of doing things. Some people are coming up with the sentiments of zone, religion and so on, just to polarize our people. We won’t allow that. Imo people are one. And let the man who can deliver the goods be there”.

According to him, “Oguta people are key to the development of the State. I commend you for finding one of my political sons worthy to be a governor. The projects in Oguta will all be completed. The Ministry of Tourism has been relocated to Oguta to fast-track the development of the area. Peace has been restored in Oguta. I have no personal interest in all these”.

The leader of the Oguta delegation and former Majority leader in the State House of Assembly, Hon. Jones Uzoka said they came to present their resolution and urge him to support Chief Uche Nwosu to become the governor of the State in 2019, adding that Chief Nwosu has shown both in conduct and in action that he would be an ideal governor.

He congratulated the governor for his numerous achievements in the State, stating that the people of the State could not afford to allow the State to go back into the hands of those who wasted the resources of the State for years.

Sam Onwuemeodo
Chief Press Secretary to the Governor

0 comments:

Post a Comment