Tuesday 6 March 2018

Italy elects Nigerian man as first black senator in history (PHOTOS)

Italy has elected the first black senator in the history of the European country, it was announced on Tuesday.

Toni Iwobi was elected in the industrial city of Brescia in northern Italy.

The Nigerian IT entrepreneur who has spent 38 years in Italy belongs to the anti-immigration League.

He emerged a town councillor in 1995.

Iwobi of Spirano in Lombardy made the announcement "with great emotion" on his Facebook page.

He wrote: “Friends, it is with great emotion that I inform you that I have been elected Senator of the Republic! After more than 25 years of battles in the great family of the Lega, another great adventure is about to begin! 

"My thanks go to Matteo Salvini, a great leader who led the League to become the first center-right force in the country! Then I have to thank my national secretary Paolo Grimoldi, my now former provincial secretary and new deputy Daniele Belotti, the whole team of the department for the work done in recent years, the militants of the great league and all the Facebook friends for their support . I can not forget my family, without them I would not have arrived here today, because they never stopped supporting me and being close to me!

Thanks thanks thanks! I'm ready, friends!”

0 comments:

Post a Comment